use-revolution Digest, Vol 23, Issue 105

Dave Calkins davecalk at intergate.com
Sat Aug 27 03:53:25 EDT 2005

On Aug 26, 2005, at 9:29 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Dave Calkins wrote:
>
>> I believe that there are a couple of text handling features that
>> would greatly enhance Rev and many types of applications that we work
>> with.  I know it would make a big difference to me.
>> A.     An indent paragraph textStyle property.
>
> See the "firstIndent" property in the docs. If that is what you mean,
> you can probably cancel the Bugzilla entry.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay

Hi Jacqueline,

Yes I was aware of the firstindent. But it indents only  the first
line, and is not what I was referring to. Many of the reports that I
generate are 20 to 30 pages of mostly text mixed with a half a dozen
graphics. These reports have a ton of information which have whole
sections, paragraphs, that are indented like the following.

           1. The paragraphs will look
           like this. They are offset.
           like this to highlight
           and organize the information.
                    A. Most simple word
                    processors can do
                    this quite easily and
                    often reports of this
                    type is much easier
                    to read with this
                    type offset.

This allows one to easily understand how the information is organized.
That is why I suggested  that it should be done, on chunks, not just
line wraps. The bugzilla is posted as an enhancement.

Dave Calkins