[Slightly OT] Linspire Newsletter Discusses Linux Programming Obstacles

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Thu Aug 25 17:28:57 EDT 2005

I've been experimenting for the past year or so with Linspire, a
desktop Linux distro that has taken a LOT of the pain and annoyance
out of trying to be a Linux *user*. I get their newsletters in email.
Today's by Tom Welch talked about the lack of usable drag-and-draw
user interface IDEs for Linux coding. SO I posted a note on their
discussion board about the subject, pointing out of course Rev (and,
in the interest of fairness, RealBASIC).

The article makes for an interesting read if you care about software
development on Linux: http://www.linspire.com/
linspire_letter_archives.php?id=10

Also, I suspect one or more Linux mags might buy a review of Rev on
Linux from someone more knowledgeable about Linux than I.

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.revolutionpros.com, Click "My Stuff"