Revolution under Ubuntu Linux?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Aug 25 17:27:20 EDT 2005

Bob-

Thursday, August 25, 2005, 10:49:49 AM, you wrote:

> Is there a "proper" directory for "installing" RR? Since I am a total
> beginner in Linux, perhaps I need to know more about that. Upon expanding
> it, I just copied the whole folder to the desktop. Then I set up the
> association between Rev stacks and the Rev IDE binary - "Bob's your uncle"
> if you'll excuse the pun. But perhaps you're talking about how to get Rev to
> appear in the menus - I ain't got that far yet!

Don't know. Glad that worked for you. I looked inside revolution.sh,
saw that it wanted the executable file to be in the /Opt directory, so
I stuck everything in there, made myself an alias link to the .sh
file, put it on the desktop, and everything's been working ever since
(a whole week now).

I haven't figured out how to get it into the menu system, but that's
no doubt my unfamiliarity with Gnome.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net