SMS mobile messages

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu Aug 25 13:57:44 EDT 2005

I use an sms service as well, with an html interface. My handler for it
is :

function sendSmsMsg smsText,phoneNumber
   put
"http://gw1.sms2email.com/sms/postmsg.php?
to_num=pNum&message=msgText&flash=1&username=MyUserName&password=MyPassw
ord" into smsAddr
   put  smsAddr into theMessage

   if smsText is empty then return "No message"
   if not isNumber(phoneNumber) then return "Invalid number" -- only
digits allowed

   replace "msgText" with prepSms(smsText) in theMessage
   replace "pNum" with phoneNumber in theMessage

   get URL theMessage
   if it is "AQSMS-OK" then -- the string returned by the service if it
succeeds
     put "OK" into theSent
   else
     put "! not" into  theSent
   end if
   return theSent && "sent" && the short system date && the time
end sendSmsMsg

function prepSMS smsText
   put URLEncode(aMsg) into nMsg
   return char 1 to 160 of nMsg