ISAM

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Aug 20 03:10:03 EDT 2005

On 8/20/05 10:00 AM, "Scott Kane" <scott at proherp.com> wrote:

>> In a single-user application where Valentina is out of price range,
>> you should check out altSQLite from Altuit Software:
>
> Lools very cool, but sadly I'm on a zero budget
> (I'm on a disability pension and trying to program
> my way off it).
>
> There was a ISAM library (by Chipp ???) that looked
> good but I couldn't get all the necessary pieces
> from the website.  It was open source but the modules
> available on the download site had broken links.
>
> Anybody know where I can find that again - and perhaps
> the authors details?
>
> If this isn't possible then does anybody have a suggestion
> for installing MySQL or similar transparently so that the
> user doesn't have to deal with creating tables, passowrds etc
> directly?

Hi Scott,

If you going develop app which you will distribute in many copies to
clients, then you must pay for mySQL.

A lots of people think that mySQL is free.
This is not true in a lots of cases. Read this:

    http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/commercial-license.html

MySQL want that you pay them $400 for EACH copy of server.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology