time anomaly

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Fri Aug 19 22:28:40 EDT 2005

At 2:14 PM -0700 8/19/2005, Mark Wieder wrote:
>  > Any idea why this code produces "19:00:54" instead of "54"? I do have
>  > twelveHourTime set to false, but...
>
>What you have given it as an argument is not a date, time, nor a date
>and time, but just a number. I would expect that you would get back an
>indeterminate answer. I get "4:00:54 PM". At least today. GIGO.

Actually, it's not indeterminate. When you provide a number or other
partial date or time, convert guesses what part you mean and fills in
the rest with the current time. (For example, if you convert a time
to long data and long time, you get today's date along with the time
you specified.) This probably should be in the convert docs as a note.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com