time anomaly

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Aug 19 17:14:54 EDT 2005

Jon-

> Any idea why this code produces "19:00:54" instead of "54"? I do have
> twelveHourTime set to false, but...

> on mouseUp
>   local t
>   put 54 into t
>   convert t to long time
>   answer t
> end mouseUp

Well, I can see why you might think that would work, but...

the docs (remember the docs? they come with the package...) say that
convert

"Changes a date, a time, or a date and time to a specified format"

What you have given it as an argument is not a date, time, nor a date
and time, but just a number. I would expect that you would get back an
indeterminate answer. I get "4:00:54 PM". At least today. GIGO.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net