Standalone Building Picking Up Tons of Cruft

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Aug 17 19:37:02 EDT 2005

Further research shows this happens even in a newly installed,
pristine Rev app where the Standalone BUilder picks up two Rev-
provided stacks as being "in memory" according to the App Browser
after a build as described with the "search for" option on.

Incidentally, I'm not sure this is a major problem. Who knows? It
came to my attention because of a bizarre turn of events. In trying
to address the question of file type settings in the past two days, I
took an old HyperCard stack and put it into the Rev 2.6 folder just
for ease of reference. Today when I was saving a standalone at one
point, Rev reported a compiler error in that HC stack, which is what
led me to try to find out why that stack was even in memory. If I
clicked on that stack and told Rev to close it and remove it from
memory, Rev crashed consistently.

So I think there is at least *potential* here for mischief.