Alias' on OS X

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Wed Aug 17 17:56:59 EDT 2005

Ken,Jeanne,Jacqueline,

Yes I am on a Mac.
Yes Ken's script works on my alias', because the answer file resolves
the alias.
Yes aliasReference() returns the right file.

No, my script does not work:

on mouseUp --this script works for the file alias
     put aliasReference(gDBTVDataFolder & "20040114" & ".csv") into
field "File path"
     put URL ("file:" & field "File path") into field "file text" --
show for debug
end mouseUp

on mouseUp --this script works for the file, but the alias returns
empty data
     put gDBTVDataFolder & "20040114" & ".csv" into field "File path"
     put URL ("file:" & field "File path") into field "file text" --
show for debug
end mouseUp

So instead of resolving the alias, it is using the alias as the file.

I want to have a mix of alias' and files in a list without caring
which is which.  How would I do that since the filenames are the same?

Dennis