Field List : disable field in a field list

John Ridge ridge11103 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 16 08:16:07 EDT 2005

Hi Alex

I'm sure someone will have a good answer to this!

But meanwhile I wonder if you could do the following:

(a) set the textColor of each of your "disabled" lines to "gray", to
simulate a menu. This does not disable the line, alas. So

(b) use the clickLine function to get the line number that has been
clicked - if the number is in your list of disabled lines, ignore the
selection.

I haven't tried this, but who knows, it might work...

On 16 Aug 2005, at 12:14, AMACHADO at bouyguestelecom.fr wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> May be a basic question (still a beginner) but I still have problems
> with field lists...
> I want to disable some items in my field list "My Field List" (still
> visible but not clickable + in grey if possible)
>
> I tried the following :
>     disable menuItem 1 of field "My Field List"
> But it seems that this command only works for menus :-(
>
> May be the solution can be :
>     Set the disabled of XXX to true
> But what have I to use instead of XXX ?
>

> Thanks.