Bugzilla REALLY works !!

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Aug 11 15:14:38 EDT 2005

Peter said

> I was delighted to see some of my bugs had feedback,
> including one that was my misunderstanding of how
> revSetStackFileProfile works with the modal command.

i applaud Rev for taking care of this "feedback" issue!

How did who manage to convince Kevin?
I know it happened at RevConWest!

I heard RevDan express the voice of those with long standing
bugs in his video introduction...

So i must also applaud her/him/whoever who managed that extra
bit - i know i told Kevin a few dozen times with or without
client arguments and didn't help!

One of the steps required for Rev to become great has been
made... 2 more missing Kevin ;)

Speed and rev-web-plugin-ness... ;)
2006 is gonna be a great year!

Why speed?
Moore's law, accumulation, cpu speed increases are not enough
compared to other-IDE's speed without any optimization...
Even with optimization in rev, 2000 objects of anything means
your cpu is on his knees. I didn't tell Rev to use 100% of my
CPU and it still does... I usually have 5-500 million things to
compute now in the medium term (2006)... PC enterprise oblige...

Why Webness?
Obvious, more clients exposure... competitive disruption against
RB... can RB produce web plugins easy?

Compared to those, the price factor is irrelevant...

Without speed, no java user is gonna use rev for computing tasks
No flash user is gonna consider such a slow drawing engine. Animate
10 things over 10 images per second and you'll see. can a Flash
developper use that? openGL would be blish wouldn't it? What about
the 5 million files i need to classify quick and dirty?

Without web, your cool gui is in a box! Of course, the licensing
is gonna be different in Kevin's eye - one more license to profit.

I see the single-platform delivery license as an opportunity to open
more clients to the few developpers Rev has... Lifting this limitation
alone would multiply 3X the client base for Rev's clients. Wouldn't that
be enough incentive for more "studio" or enterprise or plugin sales if
Rev's clients had 3X more clients? (i know 3X is not relativistic but...)

out of 150+ outstanding bugzillas, Mark, above all needs the biggest
applause though! I see the right dedication to making rev great and
his bugzilla feedback is quite speedy. Hip Hip...

regards,
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com