Disable the Home and End keys on a Mac

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Aug 11 11:19:55 EDT 2005

On 8/11/05 5:01 AM, "Douglas Gilliland" <douggilliland at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to disable the Home and End keys on a Mac? I have
> authored stacks for my high school students and don't want them to
> bypass my questions by hitting these keys to go forward or backward in
> the stack. Searched the Documentation (use the disable command?) and
> Shafer's book but none of my disable scripts would work.

Hmm... Home and End shouldn't navigate cards... only the arrow keys should
do that. If you turn off the navigationArrows that takes care of the arrow
keys. To trap for Home and End keys, you need to trap the 'rawKeyDown' or
'rawKeyUp' handlers and look for the keycode 65360 (for Home) and 65367 (for
End).

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software