European Revolution Conference Reminder

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Aug 6 18:48:19 EDT 2005

Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Dear Revolution users,
>
> A week ago, I posted a message about plans to organise a revolution
> conference. Several of you have written me off-list, expressing their
> interest. Two people, who will be contacted within a few days, have
> offered to be a speaker.
>
> To know that organising a conference is worth the trouble, I need to
> know from you whether you are interested. It would also be great if
> more people would like to present cool tricks or demo their own
> products. Please contact me if you are interested  in participating.
> Don't think that you don't need to, assuming that others will contact
> me, because your name on the list might exactly make the difference.
>
> I am thinking of a conference in Germany or the Netherlands, which
> would be a little different from the conferences we already had. Also,
> by organising it in a different location, I would like to give those
> who couldn't make it to Malta or Moneterey an opportunity to attend a
> conference.
>
> It will aim at beginners, although it could be an opportunity for
> professionals to meet each other. There will be extensive problem
> solving sessions and a number of parallel sessions that give you the
> opportunity to demo your latest products or cool tricks. Participants
> who want to lead a session are likely to get a discount.
>
> The conference fee is expected to be between 300 and 400 euro. This
> should include three nights in a simple hotel. The conference itself
> may last 2 days, 3 if there are many participants. I prefer to let the
> conference start in about 6 weeks from now, but the exact date depends
> on you. At the time of writing this reminder, this 6 weeks term has
> not changed. In response to received suggestions, I might postpone the
> conference by several weeks.

I'd be interested - but an honest guess would be no more than 60% likely
to be able to come even if everything could be organized to my
specifications.   But 6 weeks isn't enough lead time for me. If it's
before end of September, I know I can't come. If it's after end of Sept
(and the dates can be fixed up soon) then my chances go up to 50%.  And
if there are direct flights from Edinburgh (or maybe Glasgow) then it
goes up to 60% :-)

I'm sorry I can't commit better than that - but I'd rather be accurate
than overly optimistic.