use-revolution Digest, Vol 23, Issue 9

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Aug 3 00:48:39 EDT 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 6:54 PM, John Vokey wrote:

> This is even stranger: there are no idle loops, etc., but under
> 10.4.2, it uses upwards of 85% CPU time (and the fans come on for
> both my G5s and my powerbooks), but drops to virtually nothing
> under 10.3.x.  This is a serious, but peculiar bug.  BTW, Mark's
> solution won't work as I have no scripts associated with the slider
> (they all occur at the card level where the slider value is read)

I was not very clear about the solution.  The mentioning of scripts
was only if you needed to preserve any scripted behavior in your
sliders.  The true solution is the replace the slider altogether with
a new one from Rev 2.6.  That has worked for me in every case.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com