simple custom property question

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Mon Aug 1 20:53:22 EDT 2005

OK, I believe you. But I'm missing something really simple about how
to do it. (I haven't used this syntax before.) If the group is on one
card in my main stack (with its Visible set false), and in the script
of a button on the same card I open a substack and try to copy the
group to it, I get an error. If I say

     copy myGroup to stack mySubstack

the error is "can't find object"; if I say

     copy group myGrouop myGroup to stack mySubstack

the error is "can't find background". What basic fact(s) am I
forgetting?

Thanks for any available hand-holding. The Doc write-up on groups and
backgrounds is obviously relevant, but I can't parse an answer to
this question out of it.

Charlesd