simple custom property question

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Aug 1 18:02:19 EDT 2005

  I've been experimenting successfully with obtaining all properties
of an object and storing them in a custom property, then later
recreating the object from the property on the fly.

I would imagine it gets more complicated with groups - I haven't done
this yet - but then the whole group could be stored in a custom
property set! A group would also have to have other properties
included besides the built in ones, such as scripts and positions of
the objects contained within the group. One could probably store
these as properties of the group itself. The group would be the
'first out' for parsing, and other params needed could be pulled from
it.

Groups within groups would necessitate some recursive code, and more
complexity. But that is often rare unless one wants to deconstruct
and reconstruct a complete stack in this manner!!

But Ken is totally right - 'copy group' is a lot easier!

sqb