MySQL Connection error

Alan Golub asg618 at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 16:25:10 EDT 2005

On 8/1/05 4:00 PM, "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

> Yes, we ran into this just recently. You need to change the password that is
> stored in the DB to the "old" (pre-4.1) format for compatiblity with
> everybody. This is the syntax at the mysql prompt (using "tempUser" as the
> user name, "localhost" as the host, and "mypass" for the password):
>
>   set password for "tempUser"@"localhost"=OLD_PASSWORD("mypass");

I'll need to wait until tonight to run this solution from home, but I just
want to make sure I 'get it.'

Ok, so for each user accessing the 4.1 or later database, changing/setting
the password via the OLD_PASSWORD() function stores the password in a manner
compliant with post-4.0 versions of the server, thus allowing seamless
(hopefully) access to the db from Rev?

Thanks, Ken!