MySQL connection accepted

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Apr 29 16:00:38 EDT 2005

The command you need to look at is revOpenDatabase; you can find that
in the docs.

If that function returns an integer, it is the handle number of the
opened connection.  Otherwise, it is an error message explaining why
the connection failed.

So you need something like this:

global dbconn

function amIConnected
   put revOpenDatabase("mysql", field "Hostname", field "Database Name",
field "Username", field "Password", the hilite of button "Use SSL")
into dbconn

   if dbconn is an integer then
     return "Connected"
   else
     return "No Connection"
   end if
end if

(note: button "Use SSL" is a checkbox here)

Don't forget to close the connection when you are finished with it:

revCloseDatabase dbconn