Correct syntax

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 29 15:23:15 EDT 2005

Hello to this most helpful of lists,

I would like to ask if putting globals needs to be right after a
handler name or is it OK to put it where I did below. My thinking is
they only need declared if I am going to do something with them. Is
this faster?

The phover is a state where mouseDowns are not used so I don't want to
waste time here.

on mouseDown
   if the phover of this stack is "false" then
     global gTheKeys, gTheMKeys, gInputTrayText
     put the short name of the target into ltheCheck
     if (lTheCheck is among the lines of gTheKeys) or (lTheCheck is
among the lines of gTheBKeys) then
       put field "Inputtray" into gInputTrayText
       CheckPreviewButtons  --
     else
       pass mouseDown
     end if
   end if
end mouseDown

ALSO, Is the 'pass mouseDown' necessary here?  My thinking is that if
we are in a state for using mouseDown but not in my 'special' keys then
pass the message on to stack to deal with if needed. BUT I don't
imagine needing it then SO is it really necessary?

Thank you,

Tom

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS