MySQL Database Query Builder Question

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Apr 28 04:18:02 EDT 2005

Martin,

Later I'll be trying to drive the phpmyadmin post and gets to make it run
but as you imagine
it's not very efficient. However i dont really need a "live" access to
it...

Have you tried negotiating with the ISP for it?

cheers
Xavier

On 28.04.2005 10:06:43 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Thanks Sarah & Xavier
>
>With PHP 3306 is the port used, I tried changing to
'oneandone.co.uk:port'
>with many variations, to no avail.
>
>It seems that Xavier hit the nail on the head, my ISP wont allow this
type
>of access!!
>
>I really cant see the point of having a database that I cant access.
>
>Can anyone recommend a good ISP with 'proper' database hosting (MySQL PHP
>etc...)
>
>Regards
>

>Martin McCarrick

Reichelt
>Sent: 28 April 2005 05:00
>To: How to use Revolution
>Subject: Re: MySQL Database Query Builder Question
>
>Hi Martin,
>
>> I'm trying to connect to my database which is hosted by
>> oneandone.co.uk. I'm using the database query builder in RR.
>>
>> I set the name (Contact),
>> host (db141.oneandone.co.uk) - this is the actual server name Database
>> (dbxxxxxxxx), User (dboxxxxxxxx) Password (xxxxxxxx)
>>
>> When I try to press the connect button I get an error "Unknown MySQL
>> Host 'db141.oneandone.co.uk' (11004)'
>>
>> I am able to connect to the database in PHP MyAdmin without any
>> problems!
>>
>> The only thing I can think of that could be causing this is the syntax
>> of the host name!! maybe I'm wrong, has anyone had this problem?
>>
>When I tried to find the IP address for "db141.oneandone.co.uk", I got
>nothing. However I was able to get an address for "oneandone.co.uk"
>using the hostNameToAddress() function.
>
>If the Rev database query builder uses the hostNameToAddress function
before
>trying to connect, it isn't going to work for the host name you have
>supplied. What happens if you use just "oneandone.co.uk"?
>
>When you connect using PHP, does it use the standard MySQL port (3306)?
>If not, you need to add this to the host name e.g.
>oneandone.co.uk:12345 where 12345 is my imaginary port number.
>
>HTH,
>Sarah

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER