'Blessed' plugins

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Mon Apr 25 08:19:28 EDT 2005

Hi Hugh,

Just a question if you have seen a similar problem I have:
When I drag'n'Drop a control over stack b and ControlsN2O is in the "path"
of the
drag, ControslN2O intercepts the control (even in palette mode), hides my
stack
ControlsN2O and the best is that it's still visible, in the rect of teh
screen and you
can't see it again until you toplevel/palette it again...

Have you seen that too? I have other plugins with similar calls and they
dont cause
this trouble... Very strange indeed...

I'll add a fix to teh Rev's scritps in my IDE modder... For a release
soon! ;)

cheers
Xavier

On 17.09.2004 22:58:46 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>There is, presently no way I can figure to make a plugin immune from
Rev's
>drap and drop of controls. For plugins that need to be modifiable this is
>problem, especially for palette or modeless stacks... User accidentally
creates
>a control on your plugin and cannot easily remove it (and if a newbie to
Rev
>would probably be very confused if not lost).
>
>At the moment, the revTools palette locks messages (so no trapping
events)
>and only tests if visible and modifiable (unreliable). My suggestion is a
>'blessed' property of some nature that the plugin author and revTools
both
>implement as a common identifier.
>
>Comments? Suggestions?
>
>/H
>
>Hugh  Senior
>The Flexible Learning Company
>Web: _www.FlexibleLearning.com_ (http://www.flexiblelearning.com/)
>E: _h at flexiblelearning.com_ (mailto:h at flexiblelearning.com)
>T/F:  +44(0)1483.27 87 27

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER