Record Sound

Chris Carroll-Davis chris at carroll-davis.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 18:13:33 EDT 2005

Ron -

I have had some experience with recording sound.  On the Mac it worked
fine, but I came across problems on Windows that were apparently caused
by QuickTime bugs on Windows.  (Rev uses QT for sound recording)  I was
given some kind help to get recording working properly on Windows by
using MCI commands to get around QT bug. (I work on Macs!)

I could send you some sample scripts later in week, but I won't be at
my desk for a day or so. (Also need to get permission from my "MCI
source"...)

I don't know about setting the sound input to iSight, but I gather
there may be a problem with that at present.  Just today, I read that
one of the new features of Tiger is to be able to use the iSight for
general purpose sound input...

 From Apple's web site today:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/over200.html

> iSight Integration
> Enable iSight in the Sound Preference panel for regular audio input
> including speech recognition.

Chris