Revolution and .swf

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Apr 18 14:08:13 EDT 2005

Xavier,

Your 'average' DC user isn't likely to roll his/her own *anything*.

Once you become a real geek, it is soooo easy to forget about the millions
and maybe billions of people who are not.

Yes, if _I_ had a need to incorporate Flashs files, yes, I _could_ spend
an hour or two (or three or...?) investigating (those of others) and/or
writing my own various hacks.  But they'd still be hacks, wouldn't they?

Allow me to quote from Rev's top-line webpage regarding Dreamcard:

"Dreamcard: build it.  Software design and programming for the rest of
us... Make multimedia..."

Okay, now, You just can't go about advertising yourself as an ideal
instrument for creating multimedia (for beginniers, i.e., "the rest of
us") and then not provide any native support for what is next to QT one
of the more ubiquitous multimedia file formats OR by not providing your
own animation tool.  It's like tellling people to write their own
routines to support color  because, after all, any _real_ geek could do
so him/herself.

I, too, await with hopeful optimism that previous hints regarding the
re-release of a better animation builder will be addressed in the
not-so-distant in the future upgrades.

And, experience has largely shown me that it is the squeaking wheel that
gets the grease rather sooner than later.

Judy