Revolution and .swf

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Apr 18 11:30:00 EDT 2005

On Apr 17, 2005, at 11:39 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

> I gotta admit, I still don't get this.
>
> Flash is perhaps the preeminent 2D animation file format; probably
> overtaking Director?
>
> Not "getting" Flash or providing some native support for it positively
> cripples Rev as a multimedia scripting environment.

Flash integration would be great but getting Flash playback into your
application is very expensive and Macromedia doesn't let just anybody
do it.  Anybody can build Flash exporters (file format is public) but
when it comes to playback it becomes more complicated.

I mention this only to say that we can't necessarily blame Revolution
for not having Flash playback.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia