Revolution and .swf

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Mon Apr 18 03:16:10 EDT 2005

Judy,

I tend to disagree. While there is no animation manager anymore, it's like
the
GM manager, write your own and you'll have 10X more benefits!

swf files cannot be imported but fla files can and they can also be
translated
into transcript easily (after some experimenting naturally).

The thing to remember is that Flash does have a leg up on graphics and
smooth animation, 3D or font effects which make Rev look like a wooden
car...

But it's just a matter of programming or finding the right tricks and
you'll see that
you too can also to the same or close too... See the PieChart stack I
posted on
Monsieurx.com, it's
as good looking as most flash apps and works just as great - click on the
about
for a nice and smooth animation to prove that too...

Rev is crippled when you compare it directly to Flash, but after some
scripting
it does the same thing... 2D or 3D... And we can only hope that the Rev
team
will deliver a 3rd dimention, vectored fonts, bezier curves,
anti-aliassing, better
alpha-channel support for all objects... Rather than making a crippled
animation
or geometry manager that does only the basics...

For the funny bit, i wrote the third dimention already into my MagicGM ;)
Not quite useless considering layers...

BTW, the animation builder still seems to be in the backscripts...

cheers
Xavier

On 18.04.2005 08:39:10 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>I gotta admit, I still don't get this.
>
>Flash is perhaps the preeminent 2D animation file format; probably
>overtaking Director?
>
>Not "getting" Flash or providing some native support for it positively
>cripples Rev as a multimedia scripting environment.
>
>And I don't even USE Flash (beyond trying to get together a little
handout
>on doing simple animation in it for my class).
>
>I recently revisited the Animation Builder.  Didn't really suck all that
>much, did it? No Flash, certainly, but without native support for Flash,
>what is the simple DreamCard developer wishing to include animation to
do?

>And now they don't even have that (the Animation Builder, that is)...
>
>Judy
>

>On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Yonnys Pablo Martin Olivera wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>       I am beginning to program in revolution, but previously I had had
>> experience in Flash of Macromedia and I would like to know if somebody
>> could help on that relationship is between Revolution and the files
.swf
>> and if some form exists of linking them.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER