Database access from NAT network

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Mon Apr 18 00:23:07 EDT 2005

MySQL uses port 3306 by default so if you don't have that port open on the network you're trying to connect to, you're going to have problems.  It's possible that the long delay is a DNS issue.  I don't use mySQL myself but lots of programs (ssh, ftp, etc) get really slow if DNS isn't working right.

I don't think there is anything you need to do on your end with your router unless you are blocking outgoing connections (not a common default setting).  As far as "what port does revdb process use", if it's talking to mySQL, it's going to use 3306 unless you tell it otherwise.

You might search for a port scanner to run from home and see if port 3306 is in fact open to the outside world.

I know this isn't much help but maybe it can get you started...

len morgan