Revolution and .swf

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Apr 18 02:39:10 EDT 2005

I gotta admit, I still don't get this.

Flash is perhaps the preeminent 2D animation file format; probably
overtaking Director?

Not "getting" Flash or providing some native support for it positively
cripples Rev as a multimedia scripting environment.

And I don't even USE Flash (beyond trying to get together a little handout
on doing simple animation in it for my class).

I recently revisited the Animation Builder.  Didn't really suck all that
much, did it? No Flash, certainly, but without native support for Flash,
what is the simple DreamCard developer wishing to include animation to do?

And now they don't even have that (the Animation Builder, that is)...

Judy