Is it wierd or is it me?

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Sat Apr 16 13:50:20 EDT 2005

Is there a case where a script works in the message box, but not in a
standalone?

This is driving me crazy.  Part of a script just doesn't seem to work
in my standalone, but it always works in Rev when I do it through the
message box.  I don't know if the button in question works in my stacks
in the IDE  because this entire script, not just the part that doesn't
work,  would take  almost 2 hours to run in the IDE so I'd like to
avoid trying it.  It takes about 35 seconds in the standalone.  It
involves inspecting every card in a stack of 1,400 cards and performing
certain operations  if certain conditions are met.

these operations include:
creating a new card in a second stack
copying the contents of textfields to the new card
copying buttons to the new card
changing the script and location of those buttons in the new card
unmarking the original card

then, when certain conditions are met I need certain cards to be marked
again.

   go stack "xyz"
   get the limNum of stack "xyz"
   if it = 0 then
     get the getCat of stack "xyz"
     mark cds by finding it in fld "catFld" of stack "xyz"
     save stack "xyz"
   end if

when I run the scrpt in my standalone, this is the part that doesn't
work, but when I open the stack in Rev, the linNum is 0, but the cards
didn't get marked.  When I put this part of the script into the message
box, Bang - the cards are marked again!  Am I missing something obvious
here?

Cheers,

Lars