Message Sending Problems

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 14 05:48:25 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to write some generic code to send "Increment" events to
another object. This works ok:

send "Increment 1" to graphic the cPropTargetObjectName of me

however to make it more general I would like to be able to have the
type soft coded, to be able to write

put "graphic" into myType
send "Increment 1" to myType the cPropTargetObjectName of me

So I looked around and found the "do" command, and did this:

put "graphic" into myType
put "send Increment 1" && myType &&  the cPropTargetObjectName of me
into myDoText
do myDoText

But this results in the following error:

Object: value is not a boolean
Object: Arrows
Line: do myDoText
Hint: 1

I have checked the text in myDoText and it's fine and reads:

send Increment 1 to graphic "G-1027"

I don't understand why I am getting this error? Any ideas anyone?

Also how can I get the type of an object? Is there a property for it?
I can't seem to find one!

Thanks in advance
Dave