Message Sending Problems

Wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Thu Apr 14 06:01:29 EDT 2005

On 14 Apr 2005, at 11:48, David Burgun wrote:

> But this results in the following error:
>
> Object: value is not a boolean
> Object: Arrows
> Line: do myDoText
> Hint: 1
>
> I have checked the text in myDoText and it's fine and reads:
>
> send Increment 1 to graphic "G-1027"
>
> I don't understand why I am getting this error? Any ideas anyone?

change:

put "send Increment 1" && myType &&  the cPropTargetObjectName of me
into myDoText

put "send" && quote& "Increment 1" & quote && myType &&  the
cPropTargetObjectName of me into myDoText

(there is a space in "Increment 1" so rev tries to evaluate as a
boolean)

> Also how can I get the type of an object? Is there a property for it?
> I can't seem to find one!

put word 1 of the name of control <num>  into tObjName   or
put word 1 of the name of the Target  into tObjName
etc.

Greetings,
Wouter