Replacing Answer/Ask

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Tue Apr 12 20:47:50 EDT 2005

 > Scripts are compiled into a bytecode format, but the original script
 > code is still included in plaintext in a compiled standalone.  What
 > would the implications be for stripping the plaintext script code from a
 > stack as it is converted into a standalone?

This definitely has my full and undivided attention!

Yes, in most cases, especially me, my projects have no need to analyze
it's own code, so removing the plaintext versions of that code from the
standalones would be a great way to reduce file size.

I'd say it's definitely worth a request in BugZilla enhancement request.

I've already requested the ability to remove code from the engine in an
effort to cut down on file sizes.  The engine would have the ability to
include and exclude "libraries" such as the Database and QuickTime
libraries, and even possibly removing code that does not apply to the
operating system in question.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software