Making Revolution faster with really big arrays

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Apr 12 18:51:09 EDT 2005

I would not disregard this option so readily. You can use the
database as an array of sorts allowing you to pull out any set of
data you need to process and store the results there for later. If
you are concerned with performance of server-based databases like
PostgreSql, OpenBase, or MySql, you can try Valentina which embeds
directly into Rev and is renowed for its super fast performance. To
reduce disk access issues, get a good SCSI card and a fast SCSI
drive, giving you additional benefit of having data on a separate
physical device than your OS and your program.

This solution would be more scalable and portable. It is quite likely
your data will grow faster than memory capabilities and address space
restrictions.

Robert Brenstein