Euro currency formats

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Tue Apr 12 04:00:27 EDT 2005

>Hi Richard,
>
>Here in France, in Germany, Italy and Spain, we use the euro symbol
>after the amount separated by a space.
>I don't know about other countries as Poland or Malta :-)

Malta will not be using the euro for a few more years.

They now use the Malta Liri - LM is used to represent the Malta Liri
(I know...looks backwards).
Usually people use a space, sometimes not, between the LM and the first number.
If the number is one thousand (single digit thousands) they do not use a comma
or separator...if the number is in tens of thousands then they use a comma.

All cash register receipts go out three decimal points...example: this morning
I bought two kilos of tomatoes and the receipt reads 0.700

Maybe a look at Kagi's web site might also be helpful, Richard.

The European Revolution Conference 2006 will be using the euro.

hth,
sims