Unicode Displaying in Runtime Revolution

Marisa Kosaisaevee marisa.kosaisaevee at netgalileo.com
Tue Apr 12 05:26:42 EDT 2005

I have a problem in displaying the data from query, content of UTF-8 (Thai)

I'd already tried every functions and properties to display unicode text
but the result is a mixed up characters (non-Thai). As the database used
the Unicode (UTF-8), it's said that I need convert them by uniEncode or
uniDecode. Since, the textFont property shouldn't be use with Unicode or
I should put just "Unicode". However, all that didn't work. So, I tried
on the textFont property again. In it's property, I put the name of Thai
Font and Langauge (ie: "Kedmanee","Thai"). This time it showed repeated
Thai characters, not what it should be. Finally, I checked out the
mailing list for those who had the same problem. I found one suggestion
using unicodeText together with uniEncode, which I tried but doesn't
work, too.

Later, I assumed that problems may be on the database side. So, I tried
put the Thai's word through Script Editor and use the unicodeText and
uniEncode to make it displayed. Still, the result is mixed up
chararters. Then, I tried to type the Thai's word directly to the
content of the field into Property Inspecter pane. It does show exaclty
the word I typed!! Therefore, I tried, again, through the Script Editor
using put command with Thai characters string. It turned out as those
non-Thai mixed up characters again!?!?

Anyway, that is not what I want. Since, I aimed to display a query data
from database, which are Thais characters of Unicode charset; UTF-8,
using the Script Editor.

Now, I confused of what and where I had done wrong or maybe I
misunderstood about the unicode concept in RunRev. As for the first
time, all I did is just retrieved all the data from database without
unicode conversion but the result was, also, non-Thai mixed up chararters.

However, I look forward to every suggestions.

Thank you in advance
Marisa