ANN: Successor to IdeaFisher: eXpertSystem ships...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Apr 5 03:21:11 EDT 2005

This is an interesting project. The client had been working for 8 months
with a developer in RB trying to get this product out, but due to
problems, they just couldn't make it happen. So they turned to Rev and
(fortunate for us) contacted us off of the Rev website 'consultants' list.

Unlike the name implies, this IS NOT an expert system, but rather a
brainstorming tool which uses 'Expert Modules' to help users work
through problems and generate solutions. It's the successor to the
successful product "IdeaFisher" which has thousands of users.

We started the project in late December and had about 90% of it done in
late January. Since then, we've added a slew of features and spent time
debugging. I'll be putting up a Case Study shortly with details about
Rev's ability to solve some of critical problems.

Most interesting in the development was the integration of MagicCarpet's
'Auto-updating' delivery system, which enabled the client to see
realtime results each time they launched eXs-- as it updated to reflect
the current changes. Another interesting point is it was developed 99%
on PC's and they only had Macs:-). We've tried this 'realtime' approach
before with much less success, as it takes a very special client to
understand they are not always looking at 'finished' software. Some
clients tend to go into 'instant micro-manage' mode, a problem we didn't
have with ExitPath. Thankfully, they, like us, were goal-oriented and
focussed on the larger picture of shipping a finished product.

I would say this loose 'extreme programming' model has been very
successful for us and our client. Of course, the proof is in the sales:-)

The Press Release is at: (there's also a free trial download)

--Chipp