Shrinking Mac stack

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Apr 4 17:24:37 EDT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 12:36 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I am still having the problem where the bottom of a stack gets cut off
> on Mac standalone builds when the stack contains a menu bar. This has
> been going on forever and usually (but not always) can be fixed by
> setting the desired stack height in a preopenstack handler.
>
> Since I don't see many complaints about this behavior, I'm wondering
> if others are still seeing it or if it is just me. If it is just me,
> does anyone know what causes it? I'd very much like to avoid using the
> work-around hack if possible.

I hadn't seen this in a while but not more than 10 minutes after
reading this I noticed this on an app we are testing right now.  I
don't see it on my development computer but it does happen on another
computer here at the office.  So the bug is still alive and well.

In the case I'm looking at right now the card height is reported
correctly and my controls resize to the visible size of the stack but
the bottom 21 pixels of the stack are just white (my graphics/controls
are cut off).  When I switch to use the stack height to resize controls
then my controls resize just above the 21 pixels that are white.

So it would appear that Revolution is displaying the window equal to
the height of the card but only drawing controls into a height equal to
the height of the stack.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia