No Disk error & MountedDisks

Jay Madren JaysLists at triad.rr.com
Tue Sep 21 19:12:25 EDT 2004

I concur with Hugh.  On my Win2k with rev 2.5, "the volumes" lists all
drives, whether they are "available" or not, like the floppy, the CDROM
(with no disk loaded), and network mappings, even if that resource is
currently unavailable (the computer is down/disconnected).  So then you need
a way to test each drive.  Using (there is a file...), I don't have a
problem with any of them using except the floppy.  It pops up the error
dialog that Hugh mentions.

Hugh, do you get the error dialog with any other drives?  If not, then you
could just always exclude the A: drive, which for 99.9% of Windows PCs that
would be the one and only floppy drive.

Jay Madren