Waaaaaaaay OT: Lutefisk AND haggis

James Cass cassj at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 21 07:25:04 EDT 2004

Here in the Southern USA, there are two dishes that may rival haggis
and lutefisk.  They are chitlins (chitterlings) and tripe.  Chitlins
are the small intestines of hogs, and tripe is the muscular lining of a
a cow stomach.  Also, my father used to eat cow's brains like scrambled
eggs.  I was born and raised in Greenville, South Carolina, and I can
say... I've never had either any of these.  :-)

-James  ;-P