mp3/wma in Rev?

william griffin bill at igame3d.com
Mon Sep 20 12:53:37 EDT 2004

> I was wondering if there is any way to play mp3 or wma files from
> within Rev
> (ideally without instantiating an external player.)

Try http://www.igame3d.com/rev/FMODforRev112.zip
Contains a playlist example and Mp3 definately works.

COPY the .dll (on windows) or external package (on mac) to your
Revolution directory
Open the application and try the example project.
On standalones you just need the dll or external in the same directory
with your standalone app.

I've never tested .wma maybe it works maybe it does.
see http;//www.fmod.org for distribution/licensing  details for the
FMOD library

Haven't used this thing since I made it, If you get stuck figuring it
out just post a note
I'll try to provide some clues.

Mr Bill