sql-dmo or similar

Mark D. Clark markclark at mac.com
Mon Sep 20 08:50:31 EDT 2004

Hope this isn't an FAQ, but here goes. I am looking for a means to
pause a MS SQL server (or particular db files within) in order to
accomplish a snapshot. I need to know that the file is actually paused
on the server end, then send commands to snap, then resume the
database. Anyone doing such a thing?

I suppose this can be done simply enough from within VB, but I'd really
like to try this out in revolution. Any pointers appreciated.

Also, can a revolution standalone be made to act as a service under
server 2003? Any docs to point to that?

Thanks for any and all help.

mark