Flash/QuickTime interaction with Revolution

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Sep 16 11:20:10 EDT 2004

On Sep 16, 2004, at 5:59 AM, Van Esch, Stephen (Bolton) wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I'd like to embed an interactive Flash or QuickTime movie in a Rev
> multimedia application. When a user clicks objects in the Flash or
> QuickTime
> movie, I'd like the Rev app to show or hide information (and
> eventually do
> much more).
>
> How closely does Revolution integrate with Flash? I understand that
> Flash
> can only be rendered using QuickTime in Rev. Is this true? If so, can
> Flash
> Actionscript actions still pass information to Rev?

Using the current EnhancedQT external that Klaus mentioned you can
process the FSCommand message sent from Flash movies.  So any FSCommand
ActionScript in your SWF will send a message to Rev.  In the upcoming
1.0 version of the EnhancedQT external you can also set Flash
variables, get Flash variables click on Flash buttons and go to frames
in the Flash movie.  I hope to have a beta of this up sometime next
week but we will see how things go.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia