Flash/QuickTime interaction with Revolution

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Sep 16 10:56:46 EDT 2004

Hi Stephen (Bolton ? The singer with the big neck? :-)

> Folks:
>
> I'd like to embed an interactive Flash or QuickTime movie in a Rev
> multimedia application. When a user clicks objects in the Flash or
> QuickTime
> movie, I'd like the Rev app to show or hide information (and
> eventually do
> much more).
>
> How closely does Revolution integrate with Flash?

Well, no too much...

> I understand that Flash
> can only be rendered using QuickTime in Rev. Is this true?

Yes, and currently the only the version of Flash supported by QT is <=5!

> If so, can Flash Actionscript actions still pass information to Rev?

If i remember right, Trevor implemented something like this into his
wonderful
QTExternal:

http://www.mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/

> If this is not the case,

See above...

> can interactive QuickTime movies pass information to the Rev
> application?

Yes, but only the "qtdebugstr" (see the docs) message, which you can
implement
with tools like LiveStagePro etc... into interactive QT movies...

> Any help would be great.

Hope that helped :-)

> Steve

Regards