lots of stack to manage....

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Sep 10 11:38:07 EDT 2004

Bon jour Thierry,

> Bonjour Klaus,
>
> Friday, September 10, 2004, 3:21:00 PM, vous avez ecrit:
>
> KM> MAX MAX ;-)
> KM> Depending on the size of your data probably under 1 secs...
> KM> If you mean you want to build the contents of the list-field from
> the
> KM> contents of some custom properties from different stacks, YES :-)
>
> to be sure :-)

Good boy! ;-)

> i'll have a lot of invisible stacks ( 100 ) quite greedy
> of datas, but only text Datas saved into Properties; no objects into
> these stacks.
> In the list-field i need to pick up 3 or 4 properties ( just KeyWords )
> in each of these stacks.
> So i scan the result of files() to get the list of these stacks,

Yes, and regarding the last mail of Robert B. (thanks, this was new to
me,
that we also should "close" these "unopened" stacks), you should add
another line:

> for each stack,
>         put the P1 of theStack    into v1
>         get the P2 of theStack    into v2
>         get the P3 of theStack    into v3
>         put theStack & tab & v1 and tab and v2 and tab & return after
> field "list-field"
            close stack theStack
> done
>
> then click and be happy if all of this is as faster as the speed of a
> thought
> before having drink some beer...  right ?

Exactement! :-)

I would suggst to gather the data into a variable first, and put it
into the field
at the end of the handler "en bloc"!

This way could even save some precious nano-secs ;-)

> KM> Hint:
> KM> You can also SET these properties of "not opened" stacks!
>
> i just tried this one :-)
>
> KM> set the whatsoever of stack "C:/folder/stack.rev" to 1234
> KM> save stack "C:/folder/stack.rev"
> KM> ### NECESSARY in this case
>
> Wunderbach !

R -> wunderbaR ;-)

A "bach" is a small river...
...and a dynasty of musicians :-D

> KM> Au revoir mon ami...
> KM> Klaus Major
>
> My wife just left this morning for Koln.. nice city, nice country

Ha, i live about 30 KM away from cologne :-)

> she is German :-)

Well "Liebe Grüße" in that case :-)

> regards,  thierry

Ciao ragazzo