Revolution feature set - some questions

Van Esch, Stephen (Bolton) svanesch at husky.ca
Fri Sep 10 10:38:31 EDT 2004

Folks:

I'm new to Revolution and Dreamcard but intrigued by the possibilities.
However, I need some very specific functionality and I'm wondering if
Revolution is up to the task. Some history:

We are creating manuals that are distributed in over 20 languages. The
manuals are long, complex, and technical and include graphics and various
font formats. The manuals are XML-based so that they can be output in
various formats. One of these formats will be CD-based.

The feature page states that Revolution can parse XML files and create and
manipulate XML content. In my project, we will be dealing with large XML
documents with extensive formatting via XSLT. Graphics, fonts, font weights,
line spacing, letter spacing etc. will be part of the output. Can Revolution
reliably display this kind of formatted XML document?

The feature page states that Revolution has unicode support. Does this
extend to long XML documents? Again, formatting and graphics must come
through. Is this possible?

Incidentally, I've gone through Sarah Reichelt's excellent XML tutorial
which has answered most of my questions.

Sorry if the questions are basic. I'm not an expert and would appreciate the
help.

Thanks!

Steve