Inheritance in Revolution?

Arthur Urban aturban at qwest.net
Thu Sep 9 22:37:08 EDT 2004

When I say "inheritance" I don't mean it in the way Rev currently does,
i.e.; properties. I'm curious as to why we have no simple way to make
several controls use the the same script. Yes, I realize I could hack my way
through with a "set the script of..." mess, but that's just not very elegant
in terms of maintenance, and it still duplicates all the actual code. I also
don't want to demote (promote perhaps) the control's code to the stack or
further back, because then I can't simply cut/past the control to gain its
specific functionality; I always have to track down the underlying scripts
and move them as a separte act.

What I'm looking for is something in the Property Inspector that would allow
me to specify an object as the script provider for another object.
References like target and me would still operate as if the actual control
were used, but it would be as if you had typed the same script into fifty
buttons manually. Change the code in the master control, and all the others
immediately have access to the changes.

Unless this ability already exists, in which case, carry on...

~~~ Arthur

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."