ANN: FTP Commander (the ftp browser Frank asked for...)

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Wed Sep 8 12:55:53 EDT 2004

Not true.  You simply wait for the port number to be handed to you by
the passive mode server, then tell the active mode server to connect to
that port number, with the server's IP address (which the server also
gives you as part of the transaction process).

The passive mode server provides an IP address and port number to which
a connection should be made.  The active mode server requests one.
Just give the active mode server the information obtained from the
passive mode server.

Signup at www.doteasy.com