dragging 2 windows in synch

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 3 17:10:53 EDT 2004

Chipp Walters wrote:
> I've a very easy to implement library for doing just about what you
> want. It's called 'altBuddyStack' and available at the bottom of page:
>
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm
>
> or just put in the msg:
>
> go URL "http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/altbuddystack.rev" and
> you can see it work.
>
> It has the advantage of being VERY EASY TO IMPLEMENT with existing
> stacks/windows. The disadvantage of only moving the stacks together
> after the mouse is up (something you don't want to do).

Works in MetaCard too. :)

FWIW, it may be useful to just use a disclosure pane for things you
might otherwise use a drawer for.  A lot of OS X apps use expanding
panels with a disclosure triangle, and the convention is popular on most
other modern GUIs as well.

Drawers are great for making a Mac-only app, but they're foreign to
other OSes and the tradeoffs with using a disclosure pane are few if any
at all.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation