Who is chuck yeager? (OT)

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Sep 3 14:02:29 EDT 2004

Hi Mark,

> Subject: Re: Who is chuck yeager? (OT)
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>

>> Oh, and one more historical item. I think he was the only fighter
>> pilot at
>> the end of WWII to shoot down the famous German jet from a
>> piston-engine
>> propellered aircraft (a P-51).

> So What? :-)

Nearly impossible because it was very advanced for its time, and faster than
any other manned aircraft. It wasn't heavily armed and had a short range,
but it could outrun anything. But quality metals had become unavailable and
fuel was a problem. A few years earlier and who knows?

It's waaay off topic though, and I'd rather meet some people on this list
than him anyway.

So there. Take that ;-)

Ken N.