Rev Online Viewer

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Sep 2 06:51:38 EDT 2004

At 12:11 02/09/2004 +0200, Klaus Major wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>>two questions
>>1. is there a way to stop it opening each time you open 2.5 (Dreamcard) ?
>>Seems like there should be a preference - but the revOnline pref is only
>>for update checks, and I can't find anything under Edit/Prefs ....
>
>Check (Dreamcard) menu: Edit -> Preferences
>
>There you can un-/check:
>Automatically launch Revolution Online

Thanks - I knew it had to be my blindness .....

>>2. is it only me, or does revOnline hang (freeze) for 10-20 seconds if
>>you are not connected to the internet ?
>
>Same her on my windoze machine...
>I have it connected (NOT) to the internet via WLAN and it looks like
>WLAN and XP (home) are three different worlds :-(
>
>No connection most of the time, although the icon in the tray doesn't stop
>telling me how
>extraordinary great the signal strength is currently ;-)

Interesting .... I am also on a machine connected via a router to a (not
normally connected) phone line, so the machine itself thinks it is
connected (because the ethernet is live). I'll add that to the BZ entry in
case it's relevant.

>>(note - an answer to #1 above would make #2 less important :-)
>
>OK, one buck for #1 and the second for free :-D

one buck ?  it's worth more than that to me in time saved today alone :-)
I'll buy you two beers if you come to Malta ...

-- Alex.