Tabs navigation Script for windows!

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Nov 29 16:26:30 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

Hope you had the great monday I had! So here's ma fonkee email for nofemba
2004!

Because Im in a great mood, I've restored all my links on Monsieurx and
here's my gracious contribution to help out the poor of us windoze boxes
users, work smooth and smooth as we usually like to...

If anyone can point me out to the mac and linux way of things, shortcut wise
regarding these keys, I'd really appreciate it for an improved tip...

And there's a Nitrous plugin coming to exploit this in all its variations
too! This weekend probably...

Why this script?

In moft windows, control-Tab (and control-Shift-tab) allow you to navigate
across different tabs in a tab pane in any application - except, you guessed
it, RunRev! Control-Tab hides the palettes while on the mac control-alt-tab
does - funny too, the tools menu hints at control-t which doesn't always
work! This is already is a bugzilla suggestion. Relax!

So pending N. Dayakar's email, and RunRev's network upgrade, my impatience
and fortuite skills, I told myself this should be trivial right?

well, it wasn't rawkeyup... it wasn't set the selectedline of btn thetabs ,
it wasn't set the hilitedline (or text) of btn thebats (for the trivia, it
wont work either, it's for fields only)... The right command was select line
2 of btn thetabs in a rawkeydown! Newbies, behold, even an expert tries it
all!

Scripting an english language like conversation with the computer would
imply a minimum of english language intelligence right? Go figure... Rant?
No, a long awaited XOS feature I want and getting closer each day!

But I go for the tabs right now... Here's your script N! You'll have to
adapt it to your button's name naturally... It was implemented as is and
tested into the new ControlsBrowser plugin soon available at MonsieurX.com
(some irrelevant parts of the script were removed to prevent confusion).

Sweet scripting dreams
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com
RunRev Nitrous Plugins
--

The following script should be inserted into a card script (first in the
line of events so that a card tabbed button will respond, If you have

This script will interfere with the control-tab and control-shift-tab
commands to hide the palettes in the RunRev IDE. (see the environment
function in the revdocs if that causes a brain hemoragy.)

on rawkeydown k
  -- if the environment is not "development"
  -- if the platform is win32
  if k is 65289 then
    get "Controls"
    if the hilitedtext of fld it is empty then exit rawkeydown
    get "View
    put the selectedtext of btn it into thisline
    put btn it into views
    put lineoffset(thisline,views) into thisline

    if the shiftkey is down then
      if thisline = 1 then
        get the number of lines in views
      else
        get thisline - 1
      end if

    else

      if thisline = the number of lines in views then
        get 1
      else
        get thisline + 1
      end if